A collection of journal entries by intern Alison Chen for the Western Heads East project, a University of Western Ontario community response to the HIV/AIDS crisis in Africa.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Week 19

This was the last week of WHE project work and Meaghan and I had an incredible experience working with the Yogurt Mamas and the Mwanza community. It was definitely difficult to say goodbye to the group but Meaghan and I are extremely encouraged that the yogurt project will be sustainable in the near future and will continue to expand and help more HIV and AIDS patients. The Mwanza community will continue to greatly benefit from the support of the University of Western Ontario and I am very thankful to be given the opportunity to be a part of this amazing project.
This week was really busy wrapping up project work and preparing for my mom to arrive. It was very busy but also really productive. Over the next few weeks we were able to organize how the new land would be purchased, confirm our TASAF application, rewrite the constitution for the NGO application, extend my Visa, and Meaghan’s family donated money to buy the Kitchen a new fridge.
I said goodbye to Meaghan and welcomed my mom to Mwanza. We began our journey throughout Tanzania, Uganda and London, England for the next month. I hope you enjoy the photos and you can contact me with any question you may have about my trip.

Dinner at our house with the Mamas

At the airport saying goodbye to Meaghan

Welcome to Mwanza Mom

No comments:

St. Augustine's Book Sale (June 16th, 2007)

St. Augustine's Book Sale (June 16th, 2007)

Sport Seneca Silent Auction (June 6th, 2007)

Sport Seneca Silent Auction (June 6th, 2007)

Garage Sale (June 2 & 3rd, 2007)

Garage Sale (June 2 & 3rd, 2007)
lots of things to sell

hard at work - sorting and labeling

A much needed break